Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Quilts of Valor Sew-In

I DID IT - I GOT THE PHOTOS IN!! LOOK OUT WORLD!!



Whew - you can't imagine how nervous I am to be working with entering photos on my blog page! All by myself! Mr. Truffle (I don't think he'd appreciate being called Mr. Queen!) - is downstairs in his computer lair! I'm not so sure he'd be a lot of help with BLOG stuff - he's a retired rocket scientist/nuclear physicist - and I don't think this is in his genre! lol

This morning I spent about three hours helping with the Quilts of Valor. Actually I sorted fabric, pressed squares, and cut more squares! I didn't schlep my machine today because I could only stay a few hours. This group is unbelieveable - they are making 80 quilts for all the men and women who will be serving in the Mid-East from the Aurora, IL National Guard Unit. In the past I worked on quilts for QOV but they were for those who have been wounded and are recovering. I'm happy to help out - whatever the cause!

It was supposed to pour today - and, as usual, we had bright, beautiful sunshine! Go figure! Do these weatherpeople get paid? I remember as a kid they got the forecast correct without all the computer doplar....! Call it Mother Nature - what we get is what we get! Now I don't mean we've had lots of bright, beautiful sunshine here - that's not the usual for the past several weeks! The farmers are really suffering because they can't get the corn and/or beans out of the fields. The corn needs to be at about 15% and it's at 40% (humidity in the kernels) - that's farm talk I hear from our friends! Looks like they may have to wait until spring to harvest. Not good.

The photos are of the super-giving organizer and a worker bee! Thank you ladies! Job well done!




Well - time for a truffle! Maybe tomorrow I'll take some photos of the hand-dyed fabric I've been working on with my 2Dye4 Bee! I have to be careful when I tell people we're working on a project in "my dyeing bee"! They get a little nervous! lol

1 comment:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

You sure did do it, it looks great!!