Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Hand-Dyed Fabrics - delicious!!

Hi All!
Well - it only took me two hours to get the pictures uploaded, etc - but I am determined to do this everyday so it will be AUTOMATIC before long! Give me strength!! To think that I used "word" BEFORE there was even a manual! No joke! I worked at Argonne National Lab and someone (an engineer) got hold of this "new" word processor program and brought it to me! Lucky me! Absolutely no manual or instructions! That was in 1979 - so, I'm not new to computers but this photo stuff is making me NUTS! lol Maybe I'll have Mr. Truffle write me a new program! Now there's a thought! But how do I explain what I want/need and not end up with a guided missle system!! lol
Anyhoooo - here are some photos of the fabrics my 2Dye4 Bee has worked on! We each used fat quarters or fat eights and just dyed away! We've only met twice and already have YARDS of fabric to add to our stashes! lol
The first time we met we did 6-step gradations (the pink and green). We also made pieces of this and that (those will be in another post so I have something to talk about! lol) and, considering that they were from leftover paint - they, too, turned out beautifully!


The 28-color pyramid is the result of our second meeting! Aren't they DELICIOUS?



The blue and yellow diagonal stripe pieces below are the result of folding a piece of fabric on the bias accordian-style, rolling it up and dipping one end in yellow and one end in blue! Where the two "met" I got a little strip of green! Surprise! One piece is bright because I used the dye full-strength. I still had a little dye left and one more piece of fabric so I added water and did the procedure again! Got the same result - just a few shades lighter! Now what to do with the fabric?! I doubt that I'll be making myself a little triangular "tube" top! Maybe back in the early 70's - those days are long gone!


Well - Mr. Truffle is back in his lair - so now I think I'll go sew for an hour or sew! I have more bee projects calling out to me! OH - more ideas for blogs! Forget the sewing, it's........
.......Time for a truffle, feet up, cup of tea, and work on a cross-word puzzle! See ya!







2 comments:

Purple and Paisley said...

oh my goodness! delicious is right! those colors are yummy!

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Oh my gosh, those are great colors, you will need to sure us how, so we can try too!! Of course i love the pink, but the blues and greens and, oh nuts I love it all!!!
BTW super pictures!!~!