Thursday, May 28, 2009

Ain't It Good to Be Back Home Again!

Hi All!

Due to problems with my blog AND my blog mentor, Jane, being 1300 miles away, I haven't been able to add a new message all these months! Well, my husband and I are back in Illinois until after Christmas, so the blog "world" is looking up! Jane and I met for breakfast yesterday and then did a little fabric shopping and THEN wandered over to my house and got my blog back in business! YES! BTW - Jane is the famous blogger "janesfabrics.com"!

Last week was a hefty quilting week! On Monday morning I attended one of my quilt bees, Monday evening I attended my guild's (Prairie Star) annual banquet with Kaye England as speaker, on Tuesday and Wednesday I took all-day classes from Kaye! Whew! This week I hosted another one of my bees - it's a Swedish bee and everyone is "part" Swedish - we lean towards blue and yellow! lol It's soooo good to be home with ALL my fabric and books AND unfinished projects! About those unfinished quilting projects - I stopped counting after 50+! I thought I should make myself finish one UFO before I allow myself to start a new project - will I live that long? Guess I need to prioritize that list!

Another gray day in Illinois - I'm sure missing the Florida sunshine - not the heat - just the sun! Guess I should see about supper! Tomorrow is going to be another quilting day! Jane is coming over so we can work on some blocks we're designing! Isn't it grand how quilting can literally take over your life - not to mention your house! Good thing it's legal!

Thank you for your patience regarding my blog! Jane is going to teach me how to add photos to the blog - now this should be good! lol

TTFN (tah tah for now) Elaine

PS - It's also wonderful to be back home with our two daughters, family and friends - quilting and other!

7 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Ahh yes, she is back home,yippee!! and how come everytime we go to the quilt store, my bill is always higher!!!! Yes, tomorrow we are going to spend the day sewing together, this girl has a stash as high as the Effel Tower!!

Julia said...

I came from Jane's blog...welcome back...it will be fun to see what you two get up to...
Have fun..
Julia ♥

Millie said...

Welcome home and enjoy the day with Jane. I bet you girls are going to have a wonderful day!

Suzann said...

Popping in from Jane's Blog to welcome you back home!

Dresden Quilter said...

Coming over from Jane's Blog to wish you a welcome back!

Rumi said...

Jane sent me. Welcome home. I know she is excited to have you back!

Anonymous said...

Genial fill someone in on and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.