Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Greetings from COOL and BREEZY Florida!

Greetings from cool and breezy Florida!

Hey - I shouldn't even mention it! At least I'm not digging through snow or FREEZING at our home in Illinois! In a couple of months I'll be moaning about how hot and steamy it is! Guess I should make more of those truffles while it's still cool! Nothing in the world like chocolate melting all over your hands!

I had great expectations of starting to work on a quilt top today! Fat chance! I've been glued to the TV watching the inauguration events. Now it's the start of the parade. Talk about a never-ending day! Maybe tomorrow I'll start that top! Maybe if I go FEEL my stash I'll start to cut out those squares and watch the TV at the same time! Now THERE's a plan! But FIRST I have to drag myself away from this computer! One thing for sure - it's way too cool and breezy to take a spin around the neighborhood in the golf cart - even with the lovely plastic sides down! lol

So, my friends, new and old, I leave you with this - thank heavens for the invention of central heat and in-door plumbing!

TTFN (for those in the dark [and I don't mean chocolate] - tah-tah for now)

Elaine the Truffle Queen

2 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Hey, you are starting to leave more posts then me. I am also watching TV, the parade may never get done before it gets dark!

Nanette Merrill said...

oh elaine, if you ever need a "place" to put truffles, I know of a wonderful wonderful spot - ;-). Nice to keep up with you this way!