Thursday, January 15, 2009

Hi From the Truffle Queen!

What's with THAT name? I make Chocolate-Raspberry Truffles by the hundreds - much to the delight of family and friends!

Actually I should be the Piece Queen - because I love to piece quilt tops - and having someone else do the quilting!

I've been Jane's friend, Elaine no blog, for a few months and today was THE day - by way of cell phone we created by blog! YEAH! Jane is actually at home in northern Illinois freezing her ears off and I'm in Florida (for Jan-Apr) doing my best to stay warm! The native Floridians are all bundled up because it's in the 60's! My husband and I are thinking it isn't so bad!

Well - off and running. NOT running - walking - actually driving to our old place to rake TONS of pine needles and Live Oak leaves! Ugh. Our new place only has palm trees that don't "shed"!

Take care - I look forward to hearing from some of Jane's friends! lol

Elaine - the Truffle Queen

11 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Welcome aboard!!!! I have friends who already want to "talk" to you. way to go, next lesson, how to add pictures!!

Purple and Paisley said...

hooray! and welcome aboard! any questions, just ask!

Sherri said...

Welcome...Jane's blog is awesome, and I'm looking forward to seeing your quilts and kitchen creations!

Shari said...

Welcome Elaine! I'm so glad you are the sweet kind of Truffle Queen and not the fungus kind (tastes awful). Looking forward to getting to know you!!
Cheers!

Kritta22 said...

Oh welcome!!

When you get your feet under you with this whole pictures, and stuff, you should have a giveaway with your truffles!! Yummy!!

I love the pink but if you want something different with ribbions and stuff go to

thecutestblogontheblock.com then to backgrounds. Find one you like. Click it and follow the directions from there. SOOOO awesome!

So excited to meet you!

Mary Grace McNamara said...

Welcome Elaine! Any blog friend of Jane's is certain to be a great blog friend to have! Can't wait to see what these famous truffles look like, and some quilts too!

MGM

Desiree said...

You make truffles??? I LOVE YOU! LOL!
Although, I'm kind of anti-raspberry. :-D Welcome to Blogger.

Nanette Merrill said...

Blogger ate my comments. So here goes again. We are already old friends elaine. Welcome. I look forward to getting to know you better. We have a great group of gals and it always nice to have one more.

Mel said...

Hello! Any friend of Janes is a friend of mine! Welcome!!

Carla said...

Nice to meet you! Can't wait to see your quilts. I'm in Florida and we finally turned our heat on last night. Yep, freezing.

Catty Wampus said...

Hi; I am one of Jane's followers too; I have FOUR English Bulldogs and quilt too! Also craft and find all kinds of goodies for everyone on the internet. I just love Jane! I am looking forward to getting to know you too; woo I wish I was with you in Fla!!! We are in Michigan and freezing!!!! Talk to you again soon (I am now one of your followers!) If you need anything just give me a yell! Be glad to help :) Merrie