Saturday, June 6, 2009

How full is YOUR quilt "plate"?

Hi All!

Do you ever wonder why you put more on your plate than you can eat? Why sure! Do you ever leave a little food on your plate? Why sure! Now, if that "plate" becomes quilt-related items - have you ever put too many QUILT-related items on your "plate"? Absolutely! And what fun! This past week Jane and I worked on our Halloween swap "wonky houses" - ah, the joy of it all! Did I even think about the 50+ quilt UFOs crying out to me - absolutely not! To add to the "quilt pot" a friend delivered over 500 quilt books for me to sort, alphabetize, and get ready to donate to my guild's lending library! Talk about quilt book heaven! Talk about heavy! UFOs are still crying! lol

Well friends, it's time to close! I have to get ready to visit Jane's husband - our friendly dentist!

Take care - have a wonderful weekend! Remember to take time to smell the roses or the coffee! You might want to eat a few truffles, too!

4 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

Are those truffles made, I think I would like vanilla this time!!!

Ankie said...

Hi Elaine!

I´m Ankie from Sweden you post a comment on my blog.
How fun that you´re half swedish.
I´m from the south of Sweeden, a little town called Simrihamn.But now I live in the mid part in a little village called Karlholmsbruk north of Uppsala.
I have pictures on my zoomin
http://ankie.zoomin.se/
Goteborg is a very beautiful town.
Let´s keep contact by e-mail
Happy summer!! Ankie

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Hi Elaine--

Thanks for the blog visit and note! Did you know I can't get to your email to write you back? Anyway, you asked about the dishes in your hometown restaurant-- I'm sure that's what they were. Fire King Jadite Restaurant Ware is what they are called now. Martha Steward collected it and it became all the rage in the late 90s. So I'm sure what you remember is in collections like mine!

Thanks again and please keep in touch!

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Just read my comment. Make that Martha Stewart!