Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Do you NEED it, or do you WANT it?

What kind of a question is that - especially when it concerns fabric!? Well friends - Jane (of the world famous Jane's Fabrics) and I ventured to Chicago today to TROY Fabrics - and there were many NEED vs. WANT moments - followed by "oh, what the heck!" lol Of course we didn't come home empty-handed! What would be the fun in that - not to mention - why waste the gas?!

So now I'm totally set for the signature block swap, and fabric to finish up a "hanky panky" 30's quilt I made all the blocks for while in Florida last winter, etc. etc! Maybe some of those +50 unfinished quilt projects will see the light of day! Fat chance! lol

I've finally decided that I need to take all my blue and yellow fabric to EVERY workshop I take! If I make one block and decide it "isn't me" or is "too much work" or whatever - at least I'll have one block for a sampler quilt! Too bad I just decided in the past couple of months and not in the past 10 years!! All of these Guild workshops (1 per month) are wonderful - but, oh my, talk about UFOs!

Jane and I are making our reservations for the AQS show in Des Moines - will we see any of you there? Just yell out "hey, is the Truffle Queen here?" I'm sure you'll get a response, but it may not be the one you were expecting! lol

That's all for now - time to think about what kind of pizza to order for supper! My oh my - it's been such an exhausting day - making so many decisions!

TTFN - Elaine

3 comments:

Jane's Fabrics and Quilts said...

As my Dad would say "need and want are two differnt things" But I both needed and wanted Elaine to be with me today. With her help, I came in under budget with what I purchased. Besides, what could be more fun, fabric shopping and lunch with a good friend!!

Kritta22 said...

Oh what a great idea with the blue and yellow fabric!
So I was wondering if you wanted to still trade with me...pumpkins, for the Halloween swap.
I didn't get my bum in gear to make the Sept deadline. But life is settled now.
Kritta22@hotmail.com if you are interested.

Lurline said...

Clever Girl! And I love your happy, fun Post!
Hugs - Lurline♥